Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Week 5 (2008)

Happiness is sometimes a blessing, but usually it is a conquest. Each day's magic moment helps us to change and sends us off in search of our dreams.

By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept

My dad has this weird expression of "Hay! Ang Pilipino nga naman!"

He'd always mutter this under his breath, or when he's much exasperated, a tone fit for a town monologue whenever I get lazy about doing thing in the house.

Indeed, Juan, a usual Filipino effigy, is thought of as "Juan Tamad". And my dad, with all his wisdom, would tell me that Filipinos must get out of this label. An identity... that is in no way flattering. Thus I've come to be a firm believer that what I can do for my life, is strictly between God and myself. And if God would want me to have any treasure that I desire, no one can stop me from getting it... only myself. Magbabanat ako ng buto, ika nga...

So as the cliche goes, let us be the master of our destinies... the captain of our ships (or something to that effect hehe).

0 mga umutot:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com