Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Treasured Trash

I love boxes. Sometimes when being given gifts, I tend to gush over at how cool the box is (at times even overlooking the gift itself). But that’s practically because I see the potential of the box to house some of the memories I hold dear. These boxes slowly become my own bank, with me depositing little memorabilia from my not so ordinary life.

To most they are mere trash, and I wouldn’t be surprised if my dad accidentally throws them all away. But to me, they’re some of my priceless treasures. Sentimental, am I not? I tend to scare myself sometimes. But no, I’m no emo like some people I know (ehem ehem, calling that one person who ORIGINALLY called me “ewoks” – me araw ka din).

I’ve recently placed new additions to my (endlessly) growing collection. And looking at these boxes I sometimes find myself in a bit of a pensive state, reminiscing over past events, giggling over unusual memories.


Most of them are just letters from high school friends, college barkadas, relatives and (ehem ehem) some suitors (seryoso, though I’ve burned some of them already, lol).

One box would contain letters, the other one some greeting cards, and another random things I grabbed from a particular event. Some of my most favourite collection would be my affirmation
cards from high school, a box of love letters (plus one letter telling me na basted ako, haha), my most priced shells, and some other little mementos (what’s left of an eye glass from my first frat fight – regretted this, promise; paint balls; bracelets’ stickers; keychains; a cassette tape of some songs I wrote during highschool... etc.).

Everytime I'd move to a new room, or a new house even, these are those items which I NEVER leave behind nor throw away. These are the things that I’d like to keep as memories… good days… happy times… (and hindi ako emo!)… forever keepsakes… basta.

So… do you have your own treasured trash like mine? Tell me about yours… (I’ve shown you mine, now show me yours, lol – ang corny ko!).
---------------------------------
Oh saturday... Oh saturday... what emotions you've stirred in me...
Slowly you stipped off your shirt to pave way for sunday...
Thrice you teased me... and with all my might, I looked away...
Ooohhh. you wouldn't want to know what raced through my mind that time...
Oh resistance... how strong you were that time to help...
when I wanted to grab saturday and drag saturday to places of solitude...
Rape... oh yes... that's the term. Good thing tomorrow's sunday.
Good thing tomorrow's Sunday...
Bukas nalang ako magwowork...

11 mga umutot:

lucas said...

just letters from high school friends, college barkadas, relatives and (ehem ehem) some suitors (seryoso, though I’ve burned some of them already, lol).---kaw na may suitors! hehe!

sana meron din ako. burara kasi ako sa gamit. hehe! but i'm trying. hehe!

jonathan said...

I made a post in 2008 about the memories I have collected through all those letters, cards and souvenirs.

And I wrote,
"Holding on these seemingly childish collections is simply a way to say that I treasure my friendship with the people I have learned to love and still remember."

Now I know what to send you as a present, a BOX, lol! ( and I promise to make it special)

... said...

naku clutter lang yan. unless magtatayo ka ng museum. hihi

wanderingcommuter said...

hahaha. my change of hearts na naganap... hahaha! kawawa naman sa emo. nyahahaha!

before, i am also fond of collecting sentimental things. but after i saw an episode in oprah na linamon na ng clutter yung buong bahay nila, from basement to master's bedroom as in literally wala nas ilang madaanan. i reconsidered keeping some of them.

Anonymous said...

me too.marami din ako memorabilia.lahat naman meron at hindi ibig sabihin non emo ka.

meron ako mga kandila, mga sulat, biogesic na bigay sa kin ng crush ko numg may sakit ako. ayun.pero grabe yung glass na nakuha mo nung frat fight haha.parang kailangan talaga merong remembrance

Poipagong (toiletots) said...

@lucas: hehe. they were just little stuff. I try to retain as little as possible. Throw some away.

@Jonathan: hmmm I've only realized that now. yeah. you're right. I keep most because I value those people.

And please. A cool box is ok, but an even cooler content is much appreciated as well. hehe.

Poipagong (toiletots) said...

@mel: naku... malay mo, maging famous ako. Para mapuno ung museum ko. hahaha.

@ewik: oo. me iba na ngayong makakatanggap ng aking galit. Ung isang emo na tao.

Hehe. pero di ko nmn tinatago lahat. ung iba tinatapon ko na.

@flor: biogesic, ung balat? haha! astig ka din no. sige piktyuran mo ung sayo tapos ipost mo hehe.

Ung glass? hehe. oo. nabugbog kasi sya ng todo todo, nagdasal pako ke God na patawarin ako.

pogingpayatot said...

wow. ansipag mong magtabi ng mga sulat. ayos yan. masarap magreminisce paminsan minsan.

Poipagong (toiletots) said...

@payatot: oo paminsan minsan lang tlga kasi me allergic rhinitis ako, sinisipon ako after ko mabuklat lahat hindi dahil naiiyak ako sa memories kundi nahahatching ako. hehe.

. said...

I have my own box of letters and trinkets too. However, as I grew older, I tend to ignore my sentimental side. I long for the days when post-its were more relevant than sweet nothing text messages.

Poipagong (toiletots) said...

@Mugen: hmmm sige padadalhan kita ng post it notes. hehe. :P

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com